Friday, April 4, 2008

A first post... again

A time for new beginnings.

I have been absent from my old blog because of so much of life happening...sometimes good, sometimes not so good.... unfortunately, lately, more of the not so good. I was also having a hard time trying to arrange and rearrange my old blog as I wanted to. The set up was just a bit too complicated for this non-savy computer gal and when the kids, who are the savy ones, aren't around, which hey that happens a lot nowadays .... well, just suffice to say that it is not a pretty sight.... the computer and me that is.

Hence, a new start back here in a new blog. They have added a few new things and have made it easier to have a little fun too since I was last here.

Hopefully I can get on here fairly regularly and share just a bit of the goin' ons of the chaos that is daily life here in our house "on the avenue". When I was setting up the blog, I had a heck of a time coming up with a blog title. I really am not good at the clever and quirky title/username/password thing. I knew that I wanted it to reflect what goes on here in our lives. In every house I have ever lived in, those houses resided on avenues, not streets or boulevards or even roads, just good ole' avenue. The dictionary defines avenue as .... "any roadway of approach, passageway or means of access." Aha! Yes, exactly! That's what I envisioned for this blog. It would be a means of access into our lives for friends, family, and hopefully for an occassional visitor or two. Our lives include homeschooling, public schooling, college, work, and living and loving as a family.

The door is always open....

No comments: