Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wind, Soup and a Good Book

With winds at 20-35 mph and gusts reaching 50, needless to say, it is just a might bit windy here today. Ah, spring here in the desert of Las Vegas. At least it is only 80 degrees out. A relief from yesterday's 92!

Taking an easy day today, we headed out to the library after working on some Math. Josh finds it just so amusing that I am always on the lookout for new picture books in the kids section. I love picture books! He had to laugh when I spotted a new one titled, What to Do About Alice? by Barbara Kerly.
Teddy Roosevelt is a hero of Josh's and he often shares his favorite TR quote about Alice, "I can be president of the United States, or I can control Alice. I cannot possibly DO BOTH." This picture book of TR's daughter is a little gem. I love reading about historical figures in this format. It makes the stories of our nation and its people accessible to those young and old alike! I shared a few things with Josh that were in the book and even he learned a new thing or two.

Lunch was a bowl of leftover 15 bean soup made using the ham bone from the Easter ham which I had frozen ... yummmm....



good food, a good book.... life is good!

No comments: